Juicing has always been a staple in my life, thanks to my Dad. When I was younger, he’d spend hours in the kitchen putting his creativity to use, juicing all types of fruits and veggies. Even today, I regularly use fresh juice as a “multivitamin”. There are so many amazing benefits that come from juicing, and the icing on the cake – it’s delicious!
Benefits of Juicing
You’ve probably heard “minimize your juice intake,” or “juices are high in sugar and empty calories.” That’s because you’re not drinking juice, you’re drinking processed, refined chemicals, and about 2% of actual juice (if that). Fresh juices provide vitamins and minerals that heal you from the inside out and give you sustained energy throughout the day.
My favorite fruits and veggies to juice are carrots, oranges, grapefruit, apples, celery, lemons, and ginger. Here are just a few of the many benefits from each:
- Carrots: Cleanse the body, aid in hair growth, increase your metabolism, high in vitamins A, K, and C
- Oranges: High in vitamin C, can improve heart health, high in antioxidants
- Grapefruit: 92% water, aids in weight loss, helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol, and may even reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Apples: Excellent source of potassium, B-12, and a high amount of fiber
- Celery: Alkalizes the body, flushes toxins from the liver, anti-inflammatory, and strengthens your bones
- Lemons: Boost your immune system, reduce skin blemishes, lower blood pressure, aid in respiratory healing
- Ginger: Protects against radiation, improves circulation, helps with morning sickness and cramps…
And the list goes on! Juicing replenishes your body and refreshes your biggest organ, your skin. It’s an easy way to naturally feel energized and beautiful!
*I’m not a doctor, and this information is purely based on my personal research and learning. Please consult your doctor for medical advice.*
You can find everything on Amazon for about $130.
- Juicer: Hamilton Beach Premium Juicer – Big Mouth 3” Feed Chute I love all things Hamilton Beach. It’s the perfect brand that brings excellent quality for kitchenware at very reasonable prices. This juicer is ideal for a quick clean up, isn’t super loud, and fits well on your countertop!
- Plastic “dump” bags: 2 Gallon Small Trash Bags The bags make it even easier to clean up. That’s five minutes of your time back.
- Glass bottles: Saglar 18 oz. 6-Pack Glass Bottles with Sleeves Because who doesn’t love drinking out of cute bottles? Also – they’re great for storage and are reusable.
- Cutting board + kitchen utensils
- 1 – 2 lbs. each of your favorite fruits + veggies Juicing requires a lot of produce.
Juice Solos + Combos
I never stick to a recipe in its entirety – I prefer to grasp the concepts, and mix and mingle with my ingredients. Here’s my favorite combos – you choose the right amount for your juices:
- Carrot + Apple
- Celery + Ginger + Lemon
- Celery + Apple
- Orange + Tangerine
- Apple + Blueberry
- Grapefruit + Apple
Remember, you are what you eat. Stay healthy, and live well. Enjoy!